December 1, 2020
Due to the recent changes to the covid regulations for Saskatchewan, we have made some adjustments. Sheri has been in touch with the Ministry of Health and has confirmed that all of our dancers can continue to dance with the adjustments that we are making.
Firstly, we have made changes to some of Liana’s class times, the contact parent for the groups that are affected will be in touch to let you know what time your child will be dancing for the next three weeks until the next update is released by the government.
Masks and sanitizing are still required and spacing of students has been increased to 3 meters. We will also have another set of chairs for belongings on the upper dance floor for the classes of students, but will still require sanitizing of the chairs in between groups.
Adult classes will also continue. You can visit our club website for class times as well.
We do have a plan in place for the two classes that have over 8 students in them, but please if you know your student will not be attending a class over the next three weeks, message Stacie and let her know. This applies to Druzi and Tryzub.
September 30, 2020
Good evening everyone!
Upon discussion with Serhiy and the board, we have come to the conclusion that for tomorrow's class ALL dancers should wear masks. In Manitoba this is a requirement for all dance students currently and we feel it is the best decision given the current circumstances within our community to keep all of our dancers, instructors and volunteers as safe as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
Troyanda's Board of Directors
September 27, 2020
We wanted to reach out to you today to remind you of our COVID procedures and to ensure everyone is taken care of while at dance. At this time dance will go ahead as planned this Thursday.
We ask that you continue to do your part by reminding your child to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the building (sanitizer is located at the front door). Should you need to enter the building with your child, we ask that you wear a mask and also sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting. Please wait in the parking lot until it is your student's time to dance.
Please keep your time in our entrance way short, as the space is small and isn't ideal for physical distancing. We ask that your child come in by themselves to dance at their appropriate time if possible. Should you need to catch up with another parent, we kindly ask that you do this outside to allow others appropriate space to get their child ready for class.
As always, if your child is experiencing any signs or symptoms of illness (even if you believe it is just the common cold), please keep them home. Your child should also stay home if you believe they or a member of your family has come in contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus. Please follow Public Health orders should this be the case.
With so much unknown during this time, please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any questions or concerns. Your child's safety, as well as that of all of the members our club, is our priority. Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep everyone safe and healthy.
September 19, 2020
We will be following Covid-19 guidelines; most of where we are getting our information from can be found at the links below. Here are some key points of the guidelines:
- Class sizes will be limited and class schedules will be staggered to allow for the smallest possible traffic volumes and time for sanitizing of surfaces between groups.
- No gatherings or spectators permitted; Parents will walk their child to the door and a designated person will ensure they get to their class.
- All dancers and instructors will sanitize their hands before and after class.
- No changing areas will be provided; dancers will be required to show up and leave in their dance clothes and long hair will need to be pulled back into a bun.
- Limited belongings are allowed to come inside with the students; please ensure your child has their own water bottle if needed and it will be sanitized at the studio entrance before being taken into class. No food allowed.
- Absolutely no sick children or instructors will be permitted in the studio.
- Floors will be gridded off in approximately 6’x6’ sections for each child, which they will remain in throughout the class.
- Masks are not required for in class but students may wear them if they would like. Masks are recommended but not required while getting to and from class within the building.
For our specific location at the Yorkton Victory Church, we will be using the doors on the North side of the building in the parking lot. Please ensure to remain in your vehicle until you are waved in by your instructor. Remember to maintain physical distancing when approaching the building. One at a time, your child will be greeted at the door and taken to the dance room. Once their class is complete, they will be released in the same manner.
We understand for our youngest dancers it might be a little scary to not have a parent present the first day or two of class, so we will allow one parent per family ONLY for those that require it. Parents will be required to wear a mask and to not stand on the dance floor.
Saskatchewan Performing Arts Guidelines
Saskatchewan Dance Reopening Guidelines for COVID-19 (Created by Canadian Dance Teachers’ Association SK Branch)